How to Prepare for a Kitchen Renovation ProjectNovember 15, 2018
Once you decide to remodel your kitchen, you must proceed in the proper manner to ensure that the room and you are prepared correctly for the project to start. After all, if you are like most homeowners are, you own dinnerware, glassware, utensils, pots, pans, food supplies and more for your food prep and consumption. All of this will need removal from the area in order to protect it. Also, you will need to plan on how and where you will prepare and eat meals during the renovation. Below, we provide you with a checklist on how to prepare for any kitchen renovation project.
Pack Up All Breakables
Remove any breakables from the kitchen and pack them up to keep them safe. Also, take them to another part of the house to ensure that they are out of the way of the workmen.
Move Edible Items When Necessary
If the remodeling project includes your pantry and/or other food storage areas, move the edibles to clear the space for renovation. These items include any canned goods, baking supplies, spices and so on.
Relocate the Refrigerator Temporarily
When your refrigerator is a freestanding one, you will need to relocate it temporarily to another room. Whether or not you keep it running, depends upon you having the correct outlet for it, but it is a great way to still have ice, beverages and refrigerated foods handy for consumption during the confusion of the renovation.
Buy a Supply of Disposable Plates, Cups and Utensils
Purchase a sufficient supply of disposable plates, utensils and cups to last the duration of the project. After all, you will not be able to wash dishes as easily as you normally can in your kitchen. This supply will make life easier.
Decide If You Will Be Cooking on a Grill or Camp Stove
Another preparation some homeowners make is to ensure that their grill or camp stove is working so that they can cook foods as they want them until their kitchen renovation is complete. If you wish to do this too, check to see if whichever one you have is fully operational, including its fuel supply.
Protect Other Furnishings
Cover furnishings or belongings, or move them as necessary to prevent dust, paint or other elements from falling on them and/or damaging them. You may have an open floor plan where one room flows into the kitchen without any walls in between.
For other ways to prepare for a kitchen renovation project or to hire the right company for the task, turn to Richmond Kitchens. By doing so, you will receive the benefit of our extensive experience in this industry that spans more than 30 years.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Kitchen Layout in Kitchen Renovation: Why Is This Important to Consider from Start to Finish?
- Five Things to Consider Before Planning for an Alfresco Area Home Extension
- How to Prepare for a Kitchen Renovation Project
- Top Five Materials That Work Best With Busy Shop Counters
- Benefits of Customised Designer Bedroom Wardrobes for a Luxurious Bedroom Ambiance
- Tips in Selecting the Best Kitchen Appliances When Doing Kitchen Renovations
- Flat Pack Furniture: What are the Advantages?
- Wardrobe Ideas for Small Bedrooms
- Bathroom Vanities: What's New and In Style?
- Is Your Kitchen Falling Apart? Signs that Call for Immediate Kitchen Renovation
- Expert Kitchen Installation Services in Sydney: Important Things to Keep In Mind
- Tips for Functional Kitchen Island Design
- Customised Shop Counter Displays by Richmond Kitchens: Creating First Impressions That Sell
- Benefits of Additional Storage Units for Your Home
- Kitchen Splashbacks: Pros and Cons of Glass Splashbacks
- Kitchen Renovators in Sydney: Why Competitive Pricing and Quality is A Must?
- Open-Space Kitchen Renovation Design: What Are the Advantages?
- Kitchen Renovations: How Your Kitchen Lighting Affects Your Overall Design
- Caesarstone Countertops for Your Dream Kitchen
- Functional Drawer Space Ideas for Your Tiny Kitchen
- Plan Your Kitchen Renovation without Exceeding Your Budget
- Kitchen Splashback Designs and Material Options for Your Consideration
- Modern Kitchen Renovation Checklist for 2018: What's New in Style?