Incorporating Open Kitchen Shelving for Your HomeNovember 30, 2020
One layout of the kitchen that is being integrated into modern homes today is an open kitchen. An open kitchen is great for those who want to interact with other people while preparing and cooking a meal. This specific kitchen layout is likewise suitable for homes that want to maximise natural lighting. And since most open kitchens are situated near the dining room or living room, the light from the windows of the mentioned rooms can easily illuminate crucial areas of these kitchens, especially during daytime.
If you are thinking of embracing an open kitchen for your home, then you may want to alter your shelving layout and design. Here are some open kitchen shelving ideas that you can integrate into your home.
Integrate Hanging Storage
Open kitchens usually incorporate symmetrical and conventional shelving that surrounds a range hood and other kitchen equipment. However, if you want to make your kitchen more functional and closer to being open, then you may want to integrate hanging storage as one of your shelving units. Hanging storage on one side can help you hang down kitchen tools and other essentials.
Assemble an Open Pantry
Pantry is one of the places where select beverages, food, and even household cleaning provisions are stored. If your home does not have any pantry right now, then you might want to convert a spare wall into one. Assembling an open pantry can be done by placing tall shelving units on your spare wall. The presence of your beverages, food, and other products on your open pantry can help you determine the exact supply of products that you currently have.
Shelving Above the Sink
And speaking of easy access, placing open shelving above the sink can also help you obtain a kitchen that is more spacious and expansive. Cabinets that are currently installed above your sink can be removed in exchange of shelving units that can store products more quickly. Some things that you can store on your shelving above the sink include dish soaps, cleaning tools, and even houseplants.
Incorporate a Coffee Bar
For some people, drinking coffee every morning gives them the necessary energy boost for their work or activities. If you are one of those people, then you may want to incorporate a coffee bar within your open kitchen. Your coffee bar can maximise shelving units that can effectively store coffee, sugar, milk, cups, and other necessary utensils. Partnering your shelving units with a kitchen cabinet can help you generate a coffee bar that looks great for your morning coffee hours.
Eliminate Cabinet Doors
There are fairly affordable shelving units that you can purchase today. However, if you want to save some money, then you can just eliminate and remove the doors of your existing cabinets. Removing them can easily grant you open shelving units that are functional and cleaner to look at. You can even paint them so they can blend well with the overall design of your kitchen.
These open kitchen shelving ideas can help you gain a kitchen that is functional and attractive. If you want some help with your kitchen renovations, you can contact us at Richmond Kitchens and Joinery.
- New Kitchen Designs for Sydney Homes to Watch Out for in the Year 2022
- Sydney and Western Sydney Kitchen Renovations: Adding Property Value to Your Home
- Three Ways that Will Help Ease Your Worries during Kitchen and Bathroom Renovations
- Practical Kitchen: Why Your Kitchen Cabinets and Storage Space Matters
- Add Value and Style to Your Kitchens with These Awesome Ideas
- Things that Matter Most in Kitchen Renovation Design
- 5 Best Reasons Why You Should Have a Kitchen Island
- Kitchen Renovation Ideas to Help Maximise Your Kitchen Storage Space
- Important Tips on How to Avoid Kitchen Clutter
- Tips on How to Avoid Costly Kitchen Renovation Mistakes
- 5 Most Important Considerations When Designing and Installing an Outdoor Kitchen
- Understanding the Pros and Cons of Quartz Countertops
- New Kitchens and Kitchen Renovations: Why a Good Kitchen Pantry is a Must?
- Renovate and Brighten Up Your Dark and Boring Kitchen with Richmond Kitchens
- Minimalist Kitchen Design Ideas with a Modern Touch
- How to Pick the Right Kitchen Countertop for Your New Kitchen
- How to Pick the Most Appropriate Bathroom Vanity for Your Home
- Kitchen Renovations: Giving Priority to Splashbacks is a Must
- Know the Pros and Cons of Opting for Kitchen Cabinet Flat Packs
- 5 Elements of a Good Kitchen Design
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Consider Having an Alfresco Extension Area in Your Sydney Home
- 7 Clear Signs that Call for Urgent Kitchen Upgrade
- Choosing the Perfect Contractor for Your Home Kitchen Renovation
- Kitchen Upgrade Ideas that will Enhance Your Kitchen's Overall Appearance
- Kitchen Layout in Kitchen Renovation: Why Is This Important to Consider from Start to Finish?
- Five Things to Consider Before Planning for an Alfresco Area Home Extension