Kitchen Renovation Ideas to Help Maximise Your Kitchen Storage SpaceAugust 9, 2021
When making plans to renovate your kitchen, one aspect that you are most likely focusing on is maximising your kitchen storage space. If you are fortunate to have a pantry that adjoins your food prepping and cooking areas, the pantry may suffice for any extra storage space needed.
However, with the constant flow of new kitchen equipment and small portable appliances on the consumer market, there is an ever-increasing need for additional storage areas in many kitchens today. Many family kitchens also need more storage cabinets and cupboards for holding multiple sets of dinnerware, glassware, cutlery and table service. You may also need extra room to stow a high chair and baby food and supplies if you have a growing baby in your household.
Renovation Plans to Help Maximise Your Kitchen Storage Space
Helpful ideas and plans for maximising your kitchen storage space include the following:
- Floor-to-Ceiling Cabinetry. If you install attractive timber floor-to-ceiling cabinets with clear glass-pane doors above your benchtop and food-prepping counters, you may be amazed at just how much storage room they can provide. If you have a pantry in a corner or adjoining your kitchen, this style of cabinetry can be installed easily there as well. Although the top cabinets are at a high level, a sturdy track ladder can enable you to reach all of your stored items in these handsome cabinets.
- Plenty of Open Shelving. Open shelves are available in myriad widths, lengths and styles. They can be installed at high or low points on your kitchen walls according to the overall design and decor of this interior. Open shelves are handy since you can spot everything that is stored on them with a glance. It is also easy to arrange items of multiple sizes and shapes on these shelves. They are ideal for storing sets of items like spice jars, dishes and glassware as well.
- Swing-Out Cabinets. Contemporary cabinet designs are wall-mounted to swing outward for easy access when needed and swing back to the wall when not in use. They are especially helpful for storing items that you need for special occasions or for preparing certain recipes, but not for everyday use. Mounted on sturdy movable braces and rods, these mobile cabinets are becoming all the rage in some locations today.
- Under-Island Cupboards. When you install spacious cupboards beneath your kitchen island-top, you will enjoy spacious areas for storing large items. These cupboards can easily store the larger of your "small" portable kitchen appliances. They are also useful as places to keep large bags of flour, grains, tall cereal boxes, paper supplies or pet food.
When you consult our experts at Richmond Kitchens and Joinery located in Grose Vale, NSW, you will obtain excellent advice concerning ways to maximise your kitchen storage space. Our experienced professional team can also custom-design and install cabinetry, shelving and cupboards that meet your exact specifications and needs.
Our team will work closely with you to ensure that the updates that you select will greatly expand and enhance storage areas throughout your stylish contemporary kitchen.
- Things that Matter Most in Kitchen Renovation Design
- 5 Best Reasons Why You Should Have a Kitchen Island
- Kitchen Renovation Ideas to Help Maximise Your Kitchen Storage Space
- Important Tips on How to Avoid Kitchen Clutter
- Tips on How to Avoid Costly Kitchen Renovation Mistakes
- 5 Most Important Considerations When Designing and Installing an Outdoor Kitchen
- Understanding the Pros and Cons of Quartz Countertops
- New Kitchens and Kitchen Renovations: Why a Good Kitchen Pantry is a Must?
- Renovate and Brighten Up Your Dark and Boring Kitchen with Richmond Kitchens
- Minimalist Kitchen Design Ideas with a Modern Touch
- How to Pick the Right Kitchen Countertop for Your New Kitchen
- How to Pick the Most Appropriate Bathroom Vanity for Your Home
- Kitchen Renovations: Giving Priority to Splashbacks is a Must
- Know the Pros and Cons of Opting for Kitchen Cabinet Flat Packs
- 5 Elements of a Good Kitchen Design
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Consider Having an Alfresco Extension Area in Your Sydney Home
- 7 Clear Signs that Call for Urgent Kitchen Upgrade
- Choosing the Perfect Contractor for Your Home Kitchen Renovation
- Kitchen Upgrade Ideas that will Enhance Your Kitchen's Overall Appearance
- Kitchen Layout in Kitchen Renovation: Why Is This Important to Consider from Start to Finish?
- Five Things to Consider Before Planning for an Alfresco Area Home Extension