Kitchen Renovations: How Your Kitchen Lighting Affects Your Overall DesignMarch 29, 2018
Lighting has a substantial effect on your overall kitchen design. Not only does it help you see to function in this room, it brings out the best in your other features. Certain finishes and colours appear truer when they are under the right lighting than if it is inadequate. Below, you discover further facts about how your kitchen lighting affects your overall design of this room.
Overhead Lighting Allows All to See Their Way Around the Kitchen
To enhance your kitchen area and to provide it with sufficient lighting for navigational purposes, you should install overhead light fixtures. The control switch should be on the wall next to the entry point of the kitchen. This illumination from this lighting needs to be bright enough to see where you are walking without being harsh.
Task Lighting Creates Efficient Work Areas
When you install task lighting in strategic locations in your kitchen, you create efficient work areas. Examples of where this lighting should go include various parts of the countertops, over the sink and stove and possibly in the pantry depending upon your setup. The fixtures for this lighting should be suitable for each area and have their own on/off switch separate from the one for the overhead lighting.
Mood Lighting Is Ideal for Over the Dining Area
Subdued, mood lighting is the perfect choice for your dining area. While it is bright enough for you to see your food, its illumination is more relaxing than the overhead lighting is and ideal for even romantic dinners. Chandelier-style fixtures are the traditional choice for this area of the kitchen, but you can select whatever style that suits your preferences and style the most.
Dimmers Help You Adjust Lighting in a Precise Manner
Adding dimmer switches or buying light fixtures that come with them is an ideal way to adjust your light level in a precise fashion. With their help, you can gradually increase or decrease the level of illumination until it is just right for your purposes. Dimmers do not cost that much to install and will help you enjoy your lighting choices.
For further details about how your kitchen lighting influences your overall design of this room, contact us here at Richmond Kitchens & Joinery. We specialise in quality kitchens and bathrooms at competitive prices. Richmond brings to you more than 30 years of building experience with each job that we perform in your home. Also, we provide courteous customer service and a guarantee of satisfaction. Browse through our website to learn additional facts about our business and offerings.
- New Kitchen Designs for Sydney Homes to Watch Out for in the Year 2022
- Sydney and Western Sydney Kitchen Renovations: Adding Property Value to Your Home
- Three Ways that Will Help Ease Your Worries during Kitchen and Bathroom Renovations
- Practical Kitchen: Why Your Kitchen Cabinets and Storage Space Matters
- Add Value and Style to Your Kitchens with These Awesome Ideas
- Things that Matter Most in Kitchen Renovation Design
- 5 Best Reasons Why You Should Have a Kitchen Island
- Kitchen Renovation Ideas to Help Maximise Your Kitchen Storage Space
- Important Tips on How to Avoid Kitchen Clutter
- Tips on How to Avoid Costly Kitchen Renovation Mistakes
- 5 Most Important Considerations When Designing and Installing an Outdoor Kitchen
- Understanding the Pros and Cons of Quartz Countertops
- New Kitchens and Kitchen Renovations: Why a Good Kitchen Pantry is a Must?
- Renovate and Brighten Up Your Dark and Boring Kitchen with Richmond Kitchens
- Minimalist Kitchen Design Ideas with a Modern Touch
- How to Pick the Right Kitchen Countertop for Your New Kitchen
- How to Pick the Most Appropriate Bathroom Vanity for Your Home
- Kitchen Renovations: Giving Priority to Splashbacks is a Must
- Know the Pros and Cons of Opting for Kitchen Cabinet Flat Packs
- 5 Elements of a Good Kitchen Design
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Consider Having an Alfresco Extension Area in Your Sydney Home
- 7 Clear Signs that Call for Urgent Kitchen Upgrade
- Choosing the Perfect Contractor for Your Home Kitchen Renovation
- Kitchen Upgrade Ideas that will Enhance Your Kitchen's Overall Appearance
- Kitchen Layout in Kitchen Renovation: Why Is This Important to Consider from Start to Finish?
- Five Things to Consider Before Planning for an Alfresco Area Home Extension