Things to Consider When Choosing Kitchen SplashbacksOctober 13, 2020
One part of the kitchen that must be thoroughly considered by homeowners would be its splashbacks. Kitchen splashbacks are a panel of materials that are intended to protect walls and other surfaces from splashes and spills from food products. They can also ensure that the walls behind them will not get damaged by the heat emitted by the stove or any other cooking equipment.
As mentioned, these splashbacks are made from materials that can easily protect the walls from various elements. Given their primary functionality, they must be made from materials that are capable of withstanding different sets of damages. And since kitchens are often known as the heart of a home, the splashbacks must have an appearance that can strongly reflect the personality of the whole property.
If you are currently choosing kitchen splashbacks for your property, then here are some of the most important things that you need to consider before picking and buying them.
Splashbacks can be made from different materials. Some of these materials include glass, stainless steel, tiles, and pressed metal. If you want your kitchen to have a more traditional look, then you may want to choose kitchen splashbacks that are made from tiles or pressed metal. Alternatively, if you want a kitchen that has a contemporary or streamlined look, then you may want to opt for glass splashbacks. As an additional tip, your splashbacks can look great if their materials are similar to your benchtop materials.
Your colour options for your kitchen splashbacks will hugely depend on the material that you have chosen. Additionally, as you choose your colour theme, you may want to consider the role of your splashbacks on your whole kitchen area. Highlighting your kitchen benchtop typically means that you have to make your splashbacks possess more subtle colours. A benchtop with neutral colours, on the other hand, can work perfectly with splashbacks that have primary feature colours.
Lighting can make a huge difference in presenting your kitchen to your family and visitors. And so, if you want to integrate more natural lighting to your kitchen, then you may want to try installing a splashback window. This specific window lets you bring the natural lighting from outdoors and amplify the looks of your kitchen. Mirror splashbacks can also work if you want to make your kitchen look bigger. This type of splashback can easily reflect and echo both natural and artificial light around the kitchen.
Another important thing to consider when choosing kitchen splashbacks is their overall cleaning and maintenance. Choosing kitchen splashbacks that can guarantee you a fast cleaning option can make your life easy since you do not have to spend too much time just to remove all dirty elements. You do not even have to call for professional help just to get them cleaned. Moreover, you must consider the cleaning and maintenance needs of grout as it can be problematic for some splashback options in the long run.
These important things, alongside other personal factors such as budget and kitchen needs, must all be considered to make your splashbacks functional and appealing. For the best splashbacks out there, feel free to contact us at Richmond Kitchens and Joinery.
- New Kitchen Designs for Sydney Homes to Watch Out for in the Year 2022
- Sydney and Western Sydney Kitchen Renovations: Adding Property Value to Your Home
- Three Ways that Will Help Ease Your Worries during Kitchen and Bathroom Renovations
- Practical Kitchen: Why Your Kitchen Cabinets and Storage Space Matters
- Add Value and Style to Your Kitchens with These Awesome Ideas
- Things that Matter Most in Kitchen Renovation Design
- 5 Best Reasons Why You Should Have a Kitchen Island
- Kitchen Renovation Ideas to Help Maximise Your Kitchen Storage Space
- Important Tips on How to Avoid Kitchen Clutter
- Tips on How to Avoid Costly Kitchen Renovation Mistakes
- 5 Most Important Considerations When Designing and Installing an Outdoor Kitchen
- Understanding the Pros and Cons of Quartz Countertops
- New Kitchens and Kitchen Renovations: Why a Good Kitchen Pantry is a Must?
- Renovate and Brighten Up Your Dark and Boring Kitchen with Richmond Kitchens
- Minimalist Kitchen Design Ideas with a Modern Touch
- How to Pick the Right Kitchen Countertop for Your New Kitchen
- How to Pick the Most Appropriate Bathroom Vanity for Your Home
- Kitchen Renovations: Giving Priority to Splashbacks is a Must
- Know the Pros and Cons of Opting for Kitchen Cabinet Flat Packs
- 5 Elements of a Good Kitchen Design
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Consider Having an Alfresco Extension Area in Your Sydney Home
- 7 Clear Signs that Call for Urgent Kitchen Upgrade
- Choosing the Perfect Contractor for Your Home Kitchen Renovation
- Kitchen Upgrade Ideas that will Enhance Your Kitchen's Overall Appearance
- Kitchen Layout in Kitchen Renovation: Why Is This Important to Consider from Start to Finish?
- Five Things to Consider Before Planning for an Alfresco Area Home Extension